Feb 21 , 2022
The journey for anyone converting from a chemical-laden food to an organic food eater begins with converting the vegetables and fruit first as these are the most eaten food category by any family. But one needs to understand that today there is hardly any food category which is devoid of chemicals or which is grown without the aid of harmful pesticides, insecticides and other damaging, artificial growth promoters. All these substances are harmful for human body and is causing slow poisoning without we getting to know. So, when we move our kitchens and food habits onto organic, the transition has to be of entire organic groceries online as well.
Beginner’s list of organic groceries which are now easily available in India:
- Cooking Oils: Cold Pressed cooking oils is another popular category as the taste, fragrance and nutrition value of cold pressed, organic cooking oils are amazing. Various options exist and are available like organic mustard oil, organic peanut oil, organic sunflower oil, and organic coconut oil.
- Organic Pulses: Pulses form a major category in our protein intake, especially for vegetarians. There are at least 15 plus varieties of organic pulses online their nutrition value is much higher and taste much better as compared to the conventionally grown pulses.
- Rice: India is a major rice grower and also a consumer which Rice being staple diet for lot of Indians. A Lot of work has happened in organic rice space and you can now get Organic White Rice, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Red Rice, and even Organic Black Rice from the northeast states of India.
- Flours: Rotisor Breads are another of the staple food items for Indians and they loving making roties from different types of grains. Organic Wheat, Organic Ragi, Organic Bajra, Organic Makki Online, and a lot of Gluten-Free versions of flours are now available which are very popular with the organic food eaters. Multigrain flours comprising of different flours is also getting popular with nutrition and health buffs in the country.
- Sweeteners: Indian food is incomplete without the presence of sweeteners used in food preparation or used as a desert with main course. Organic Gud Powder, Organic Jaggery Powder, Organic Brown Sugar, Organic White Sugar, Organic Honey Online is popular amongst the organic food eating community. Organic jaggery online is not only made using chemical-free sugarcane but it doesn’t use Sulphur like conventional jaggery.
- Spices: Spices form an integral part of Indian cooking – they are not only added for taste, flavor but also for the medicinal value that they possess. India is one of the largest growers of organic spices like Turmeric, Cumin, Azwain, Red Chilly, Heeng, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Bay Leaf, and Coriander amongst others.
- Health Snacks: There is a growing trend towards healthy munching so now they are lot of options to get roasted namkeens, millets-based pastas, cookies etc made using organic ingredients. In fact, value added products are the fastest-growing category amongst Organic Food in India.