- Grocery & Staples
- Ready To Eat
- Baby Foods
- Health Supplements & Medicine
Ambemohar rice, received its name from the sweet smell of the rice when cooked, the scent permeates the house. Ambe means mango, mohar means flowers.The rice is a low yielding type and is short in length and round; it has rapid cooking characteristics.
Ambemohar rice is grown in the foothills of Western India, in the state of Maharashtra. There are several uses for the rice:
- Thick soup of rice and milk; which is provided to children, the elderly and the sick.
- Religious ceremonies, the rice is used.
- The rice is also involved in wedding ceremonies.
- In the Mulshi region of the Pun district, the making of the traditional food, Vapholya during the Makar Sankranti festival.
- The bran from the rice plant is used in oil extraction.
- Can also be used in the cultivation of mushrooms.