Aug 04 , 2022
Since ancient times, human beings have explored and consumed cereals and legumes. Over the years, these food grains have taken different forms and are used in different ways. One such power food is Sattu. Made from roasted Bengal gram, Sattu is also known as the ‘poor man's protein.’ One of the staple foods of eastern parts of India, it has managed to gauge popularity in other parts of the world too.
With growing issues of food adulteration, several companies have now switched to promoting organic products. Sattu too does not remain behind and is introduced in its organic form. But the question lies as to what is Organic Sattu Flour and how do we use it?
What is Organic?
Organic is a way, a habit and a practice all rolled into one. It refers to a way of growing and processing food. It is also about the reliance on an ecological system that sustains itself on rich soil and proven traditional practices to grow crops and food that resists pests and diseases. Organic also means the farmers don’t use toxic, persistent pesticides, fertilizers which are known to contaminate soil, air, water and the food. In fact, organic farmers and farming involves practices of rotating crops, deploying beneficial insects, using locally honed methods, adding composted manure and plant wastes to the soil.
They choose solutions to the pests and disease problems that affect their crops in a way that does not damage and destroy the planet. Their wisdom is proven so are their practices
- No pesticides or harmful chemicals
- Better nutrition – rich in antioxidants
- Better taste
- Better ecology
- Sustainable -better planet for our children
- Safe food
- No water contamination
- Farmers – better lives
What is Organic Sattu Flour?
Sattu is a coarse powder made from roasted Bengal gram. Organic Sattu Flour is made from the Bengal gram that is organically grown and is chemical free. This organic Sattu flour is devoid of any preservatives and additional color or taste. It is 100% natural and fresh. The flour is not only healthy but acts as a great source of protein and minerals for your body. Furthermore, it is vegan and gluten-free which makes it a major hit amongst the masses.
Sattu has amazing health benefits when consumed on an empty stomach. It reduces problems associated with your stomach and flushes out the toxins from the body. Sattu has cooling properties and is great in providing relief from the scorching heat. It is rich in several nutrients including fiber, iron, magnesium and sodium. Not just this, there are many other health benefits of sattu, some of them include:
- Improves bowel movement: Consuming sattu on an empty stomach improves the digestive tract. It has salt, iron and fiber, which reduces the problem associated with the stomach and improves the bowel movement.
- Flushes out toxins: Sattu has detoxifying properties. Consuming it every day keeps you healthy and protects you from several health ailments.
- Increases appetite: Consuming sattu sharbat on an empty stomach increases appetite. This happens due to the presence of potassium and magnesium in it.
- 4.Helps in weight loss: Sattu reduces bloating, increases metabolism and helps your body burn calories effectively.
- Increases energy: When consumed on an empty stomach, sattu stimulates the growth of the red blood cells in the body. When your body has more red blood cells, your body gets more oxygen, which provides you with more energy throughout the day.
- Acts as a coolant: Sattu keeps your body hydrated and helps you beat the summer heat. A chilled glass of sattu sharbat keeps you fresh and hydrated throughout the day. It cools the stomach and prevents indigestion.
- Good for people with diabetes and high bp: Sattu is a natural blood pressure regulator. It is low in glycemic index therefore; it can benefit people with diabetes. Have sattu every day to control your blood sugar level.