Mar 11 , 2023
The possibility to combine a variety of delicious meals that are only available at certain times of the year is provided by the changing of the seasons. As a result, we should take advantage of the lovely fresh produce that each season has to offer in order to enhance our health and the environment.
It may be a good idea to start experimenting and attempting new recipes or reworking those old ones to integrate more organic seasonal fruits in Pune. Eating seasonally guarantees that we are fully nourished throughout the year by consuming the finest that the season has to offer. Although it will please your palate, there are also health advantages.
- High nutritional value: The freshest, tastiest, and most nutritious seasonal fruits and vegetables are those that naturally ripen in the sun. They also contain the most antioxidants and phytonutrients. The longer produce is stored or allowed to sit while being transported, however, the less nutritional value it retains. The maximum nutrients are obtained when seasonal produce is consumed shortly after it has been harvested.
- Cheaper: Seasonal foods have many other advantages besides only being nutritious, one of which is that they are quite affordable. Since the farmer doesn't have to pay for shipping or storage when anything is grown within the appropriate season, the price of the product instantly decreases. Additionally, customers wind up paying more for foods that are shipped from far locations because the expense of storage and transportation is passed on to them.
- Better taste: Produce that is in season is more flavorful, sweeter, and perfectly ripe. When taken for eating, fruits that have naturally ripened on the vine or tree and were harvested at the proper time will be far more flavorful and nutritious.
- Support's body needs natural nutritional needs: The body gets the nutrition it needs by eating seasonally. We have access to a range of citrus fruits in the winter that are high in vitamin C, which helps the body fight colds and coughs. Soups, stews, and casseroles are deliciously warm and nourishing dishes that may be made with winter veggies. In contrast, summer foods like fruits, vegetables, and stone fruits provide us with more beta-carotenes and other carotenoids that help protect us against sun damage. They also give us more sweetness for an energizing summer.
- Environment friendly: Eating seasonally lowers the demand for out-of-season produce, which encourages local farmers and more local products, reducing the need for transportation, refrigeration, hot houses, and irradiation of vegetables.