Feb 21 , 2022
Over the past two decades, the world has become increasingly health and environmentally cognizant. Today it is a well-known fact that if you want a fresher environment and healthier food you should choose organic products.
What makes food organic? In strictly scientific terms, organic objects contain carbon, the building block of life. By this definition, everything that we eat is scientifically organic. However, agricultural parlance has changed the definition of organic when it details food and other consumables. Inorganic food besets everything that organic food is not.
Organic Food vs Non-Organic Food:
- Organic food will be completely chemical-free while inorganic food will create traces of pesticide debris which can be dangerous for human consumption.
- Organic food, because it is not grown using any kind of fabricated fertilizers etc, will be smaller in size as compared to Inorganic food which will grow bigger in size due to these artificial growth promoters.
- Organic food may also not be as shiny as its Inorganic counterpart as it is not sprayed with colors, chemicals to increase the shelf life or to look fresh and beautiful.
- Organic food shelf life is less than there in the external coating, waxing, or coloring done.
- Organic vegetables and fruits may also get little insects at times inside the fruit. Where there are no pesticides, there may be blight.
- The availability is limited for organic food as currently very few farmers are pursuing organic farming in India and therefore logistics is a challenge.
- The shape of organic vegetables, fruits will be different from the other fruits or vegetables from the same tree or plant while one may find inorganic fruits to be logical in shape, size, texture, and even taste – diversity is the hallmark of organic food.
- Since there is no fumigation of any chemicals in storage also for Organic food, at times the dry groceries pay to get some worms. There is no need to worry and one should simply put the packet in sun and the worms will go away. It just means that it is natural and chemical-free.
- Organic fruits, vegetables may not be available throughout the year as it is grown in sync with nature while non-organic food availability is mostly ensured around the year using artificial growth promoters and GMO seeds.
The nutritional value of organic food is much more immense as compared to conventionally grown or inorganic food. That’s why it is recommended to eat organic food when someone is ailing or recuperating and wants to build immunity. In fact, we have seen that people maintaining a chemical-free food lifestyle over a long time period have higher levels of immunity and are healthier as compared to people eating chemical-laden food.Thus, Organic Food Online is a better and healthier option than inorganic foods. Now easily available online, ordering organic food has become much easier, helping us lead a healthier lifestyle.